Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to Counselling
‘This course holds the Quality Mark of One Awards and is also Quality Checked by the National Counselling Society (NCS). Completing an NCS Quality Checked course alone is not a route to the Accredited Register nor does it fully equip a graduate to practice as a qualified counsellor or refer to themselves as a specialist in this area of work.” (http://www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org “”)
The course gives learners the opportunity to investigate the knowledge and skills needed to use counselling skills and engage in a helping interaction appropriately. It will be a useful progression route for those interested in furthering their study or widening their work role.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to
- Develop counselling skills
- Understand the different theoretical approaches involved in the use of counselling skills
- Appreciate the importance of self-development
The qualification would be useful for anyone who would like to develop their use of counselling skills at work or in a personal capacity. These may be learners who wish to progress towards further qualifications, or learners who wish to study this programme in order to complement other programmes (health and social care; children’s care, learning and development; voluntary and community work). There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. Entry is at the discretion of PC Counselling & Training Ltd; however, learners should be 18 to undertake the qualification. PC Counselling and Training Ltd are responsible for ensuring that this qualification is appropriate for the age and ability of learners. They will make sure that learners can fulfill the requirements of the assessment criteria and comply with the relevant numeracy, literacy and health and safety requirements of this qualification.
Achieving this qualification
This qualification consists of 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 01 Core Counselling Skills
- Unit 02 Introduction to Counselling Theories, Skills and Techniques
- Unit 03 Personal and Professional Development
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Counselling skills, learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units.
Unit 01 Core Counselling skills
- In this unit learners will have an opportunity to identify and practice a range of skills used when participating in a counselling skills interaction.
Unit 02 Introduction to Counselling Theories, Skills and Techniques
- In this unit learners will be introduced to the key elements of the main theoretical approaches to counselling.
Unit 03 Personal and Professional Development
- In this unit learners will have an opportunity to reflect on their personal and future development and identify potential sources of support, and be introduced to the concepts of diversity and ethics and their importance in the use of counselling skills.
Assessment of the Award:
- The Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to Counselling is internally assessed. The candidate must produce a portfolio of work that covers all learning outcomes of this qualification. Each candidate must create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates achievement of all learning outcomes associated with each unit.
Course Delivery, Times and Dates:
The Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to Counselling will be delivered in 6 or 14 weeks and runs at various times throughout the year at The Clervaux Exchange. Jarrow. NE32 5UP.
Please see Announcements on the homepage for up to date course dates and times.
Please note on completion of the Level 2 Certificate in the Introduction to Counselling with PC Counselling and Training Ltd you will receive a £100 voucher towards the cost of PC Counselling and Training Ltd Level 3 Diploma in Counselling (Terms and conditions apply)
Fees must be paid in full before certification is issued.